I have a new site! If you aren't automatically redirected, please click here

Daiso Nose Powder

Leave a Comment

I dropped by Daiso in IMM today to do my usual curiosity shopping and this time I decided to buy their Nose Shadow powder even though I know that Daiso makeup is kinda blearrgh.

By blearrgh I mean kind of lousy. 

So naturally I bought it more for the sake of my curiosity (and yours, what's more you can just read this and not buy it if I say it sucks) and to review it on this blog.

Daiso's Nose Shadow powder comes in a circular disk with 2 shades. One white (slightly shimmery, or is it the light?) and one matt brown.

Daiso Brand Nose Powder
 Good points about the product:

  • To my surprise, the powder came off rather easily. I was kind of expecting those cheapo kiddie makeup quality where you know, the powder just doesn't seem to come off no matter how hard you brush your brush against it.
  • The white is actually a pretty good color. Like it is not those flour white color that makes you look pasty, but a more subtle shimmer.
  • The brown isn't too bad either. It is not that dark, so you won't actually look like a Wayang show.


My Reservations:

Now, despite the better-than-expected performance of the nose shadow, I still have my doubts and reservations about it. Foremost, it is of course the price problem. What kind of scary chemicals costs only $2 including packaging? It is deeply ingrained in me the notion of "nothing that is cheap can be too good", literally translated from the Chinese saying of "便宜没好货".

Also, because I actually bothered reading the ingredients list:

  • Talc
  • Mica
  • Mineral Oil
  • Lanolin Oil
  • Lanolin alcohol
  • Methylparaben
  • Propylparaben
  • Titanium Dioxide
  • Iron Oxides

So when you read all the ingredients you are like "what is this, I don't know, I don't care" right?

It's okay! You have me to tell you what is more important for you to know.

Basically, methylparaben and propylparaben are derivatives of paraben (duh) which is a controversial substance due to its suspected hand in increasing the rate of puberty in girls as well as triggering breast cancer. Although methyl/propylparabens are seen as safer alternatives to be used as preservatives, they could increase the rate of skin aging when applied on the skin.

So whilst Daiso makeup can be cheap and even good to use, always remember to check the compounds used and do a quick research on them! Though, if you are too lazy to, it will be wise to remember just not to use it too often!

Dual tone nose powder
Stay tuned for my next post on how to look like an Ulzzang (Korean natural Beauty)!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do drop me a comment below about anything at all related to my blog and I will every effort to reply you at the first moment! Cheers and thank you for reading!