I have a new site! If you aren't automatically redirected, please click here

Essential Deep Cleansing and Light Finish Volumizing Shampoo and Conitioner Review

Leave a Comment
Sponsored Review

Hey all! Today I am back with another shampoo review, and this time it is the Essential Deep Cleansing Care and Essential Light Finish Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.

I am not sure about you guys, but I actually sincerely do face this problem*: having combination hair/scalp. I wasn't even aware of this condition till recently when I was reading about the information provided along with these sets of shampoo where I realized that combination hair does exist, just like combination skin.

Now what combination hair really means is that you have oily scalp as well as hair roots and dry and often easily damaged hair ends. This explains why no matter what shampoo I used, either my scalp or my hair ends always feel wrong.

*Trust me, I did not just invent a problem for the sake of writing this advertorial. 
Essential Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo and Conditioner
Essential Light Finish Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner 
For the past few days, I have been testing out the two sets of hair care products as shown above and here are my first impression of them!

Essential Deep Cleansing Care Shampoo and Conditioner
The deep cleansing care shampoo is transparent in color and smells really great, as do all essential shampoo does! What I like about it is that it foams excellently when you scratch it out into your scalp, and it is actually proven that foam is better able to remove sebum! (Think about Biore facial foam wash, aha!) I do think that the shampoo has achieved what it promises to, which is to thoroughly cleanse the scalp of the sebum residues to make the scalp feel much fresher and breathable!

Additionally, even a day or two after usage, my scalp still does not feel as oily as it would have been prior to using this shampoo! Amazingly, I also noticed a reduction in the amount of dandruff-resembling bits (they aren't actually dandruff since they don't fall off in flakes, I think?) on my head when I scratch my scalp, which makes me very happy!

However, one problem with using the shampoo and conditioner on the whole length of my hair (my hair reaches my lower back) is that the bottom half of my hair becomes incredibly tangly and dry, I think? I feel that the lower part of my hair lacks the necessary nutrients and oils because the Deep Cleansing effects of the shampoo has done it so well that even the oils on my hair ends have been stripped off. Nonetheless I am still very pleased with the shampoo and I won't hesitate to rate it a 9/10, where one mark is deducted for the dry effect on the lower hair ends.

Thank goodness we have the volumizing hair shampoo: it is here to salvage your hair ends!

Essential Light Finish Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner 

I tried to do an artistic shot. Too much backlight D:
In a way, the light finish volumizing shampoo and conditioner is perfect for the lower half of your hair because it does nourish the hair to provide a silky and smooth finish that creates that extra volume! Nonetheless, I was careless enough to use it on my scalp once, which had caused my scalp to be oily rather quickly. However, this also proves that the shampoo does what it claims: to provide the additional oils and nutrients to improve the quality of your hair...that your scalp does not need!

Essential Shampoo Massage Brush
On top of these amazing hair products, I also had the opportunity to try their brand new Essential Shampoo Massage Brush! Available in both hot pink and mint green, I think it is safe to say that they have a color to appeal to both our girly side and our manly sides!


The shampoo massage brush is designed in a way to improve your blood circulation in the head when you brush your head with it whilst shampooing! The soft silicon bristles prevents harsh shock to your scalp and provides a gentle and comfortable massaging experience.

Not only so, the brush was helpful in gently cleansing my scalp build-ups which is a gross combination of skin and dirt! After usage, you can see greyish gunk on the bristles that can be easily washed away with water.

However, I do notice that if you have a lot of hair or very long hair like I do, the brushing may be harder because I don't really dare to push the brush all the way into my scalp: for fear of tangling my hair! Essential recommends for us to NOT use the brush in circular motions as it will cause tangles. Instead, we are supposed to move it side to side with small movements!



Also, to store the brush, face the brush up like I did with the mint green brush and don't rest the brush face down as this will damage the soft bristles, causing them to go out of shape, i.e. bent.

All righty! I have come to the end of my post and I am sure you guys are interested to find out more about these cool products! You guys will be thrilled to know that currently there is a special promotion from mid-May 2015 where by you can buy a set of 2 shampoos and get a mint green/hot pink shampoo massage brush for free! That banded package costs only $19.60 at all leading supermarkets and personal care stores (Watsons/ Guardian etc), good deal right?

Not only so, don't forget to grab your samples from Essential Singapore's Facebook Page to try out your very first FREE samples today!

Last but not least, if you are interested in more special offers and promotions, why not follow Essential on instagram @essentialsingapore and also myself @kiraknightyy to keep yourself updated of the latest freebies and cool stuff!

Till next post, toodles!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do drop me a comment below about anything at all related to my blog and I will every effort to reply you at the first moment! Cheers and thank you for reading!